You Know You've Wanted to Change . . .
And Now's The Time to Start
Donna Marie Desai MS LCPC (Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor)
As a service to prospective clients, I offer a free, half-hour, confidential session. It's the best way for clients to tell if they will be comfortable with me. In this relaxed setting we can discuss what's on your mind and whether my services can help.
Most counselors don't make this offer. I'm glad to, because so many clients say they begin to feel better from just that one session. Of course, there's no obligation to continue counseling.
Free Half-Hour Session
Are you tired of your situation and havenít been able to figure out how to change it? Have you forgotten that life can be easier and more satisfying? Are you:
- anxious, depressed, or feeling overwhelmed.
- having trouble concentrating, or losing your temper.
- eating too much or too little; sleeping too much or too little.
- using the computer, alcohol, drugs, working, shopping, or TV to distract yourself.
- fatigued: physically, emotionally, or mentally . . . or maybe all three.
- struggling with your personal relationships, dealing with a divorce, or just lonely.
- having difficulty with a certain person: a boss, co-worker, in-law, child, or neighbor.
- unhappy, or simply not enjoying your life.
Let's face it: The fact that you are visiting this site means you probably have thought quite a bit about going to counseling. No doubt you had reasons for putting it off . . .
but waiting hasnít helped you (perhaps itís even made things worse). Youíre not alone. Many people struggle for too long before taking that first step to feel better.
The fact is, there are some very good reasons to get help sooner rather than later.
- A trained professional uses skillful listening to help you sift through your situation, your emotions, and identify the way out.
- A counselor helps you figure out solutions that make sense and feel right to you.
- A counselor has experience with problems like yours and offers compassion, understanding, and effective strategies. Itís confidential, and you wonít be judged, just helped.
Donít wait. Life is short. The sooner you start, the sooner youíll feel better.
I appreciate you for visiting this site, and wish you the best. Please complete this brief form to let me know you might be interested in talking with me in the near future:
Desai Guidance & Counseling 628 Norfolk Avenue Westchester, IL 60154 (708) 344-7712
What should you look for when choosing a therapist? It's important that he or she "fit" your needs. Use the guidelines on this sheet to assess that fit before you decide on a therapist.